Timbro Contracting is seeking a full time, skilled, and experienced Shift Boss for a Pit in Hope, BC. As a Shift Boss you will be responsible for effective operations and maintenance of the pit during their respective shift. This position is also responsible for efficient management of the pit operation. This will include finished production as well as execution of proactive and reactive maintenance. They will be responsible for making and following up on decisions to maximize productivity of all departments.
You must have good interpersonal skills, be detail-oriented, and work well under pressure. Timbro Contracting offers an excellent benefits package, pension plan, and a competitive wage based on skills and experience.
- Demonstrate strong leadership characteristics, planning and scheduling skills necessary to successfully manage an operation.
- Responsible for measuring and improving key metrics which includes safety, productivity, resources, and labor.
- Plan and schedule pit production to maximize productivity and optimize the utilization of manpower, resources, and equipment.
- Supervise and direct production crews, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, as well as daily tracking daily timecards, and annual performance objectives.
- Manage Employee Relations. Provide strong leadership, training, team building, and supervision to all employees at the plant in order to support the operational function of the business. Work cross-functionally with HR to recruit new employees, provide merit increases, perform disciplinary actions, and evaluate the performance of employees in order to develop talent.
- Report daily production and track of pit performance.
- Ensure material production meets quality control standards.
- Assist in accessing and optimizing the usage of existing reserves.
- Schedule pit and mobile repair and maintenance internally and with outside vendors.
- Ensure proper staffing levels are always kept for the efficiency of the pit.
- Promote safe work habits and provide safe working conditions – lead daily tailgate meetings, ensure job tasks are completed as per job procedures, and demonstrate leadership towards all company safety policies.
- Experience in supervising production employees at an aggregate, sand/gravel, or asphalt plant is preferred. Must have experience with mobile plants, minor equipment adjustments and operate heavy equipment when needed. Must have a minimum of a Pit Supervisor certification
- Leadership and Management Skills. Must be able to provide strong leadership and guidance to employees, both direct and indirect reports, to motivate and maintain social relationships.
- Operational Knowledge. Must demonstrate knowledge and understanding of rock and sand mining, Health and Safety Reclamation Code for Mines in British Columbia, engineering principles and procedures, and quality control systems and processes.
- Interpersonal Skills. Must be an excellent motivator and team builder. Must be able to form strong social relationships and effectively communicate with both internal and external audiences.
- Flexibility. Must be able to work outside in all types of weather conditions and tolerate being exposed to loud noises.