Timbro Contracting is seeking full-time skilled, and hardworking innovative Project Manager. As a growing company we are looking to fill a role within our team for a Project Manager. We offer an excellent benefits package, pension plan, and a competitive wage based on skills and experience.
At Timbro we offer:
- Extended benefits
- Advancement opportunities
- Paid Overtime
- Ample Overtime opportunities
- Company provided tools
- A safety orientated work environment
As a Project Manager you are responsible for the over all management of the project. Your involvement starts form the tendering process all the way though the project completion. Your responsibilities include assisting with scheduling, take offs, and coordinating with the client as well as sub contractors.
- Five years experience as a Project Manager in the civil construction industry
- Proficient in Microsoft Office more specifically Excel and Project and Auto CAD
- Strong knowledge of the Master Municipal Documents Association (MMCD)
- A proven track record of project success and team collaboration
- Strong knowledge of construction and project methodologies, financial management, as well as codes and associated legislation
- Must have major underground services installations experience (pipelines)
- Knowledgeable in reading various disciplines of construction drawings, such as: P&ID’s, Single Line Diagrams, Orthographic and Isometric drawings, Civil and Structural drawings, etc.
- Ability to read and interpret contract specifications and other construction documents
- Must possess strong organizational and time management skills and be able to effectively prioritize workload, multi-task, organize and work both independently and as a Team player to achieve goals in a high-pressure environment
- Strong communication skills, confident interacting with key contacts in verbal, written and electronic form
- Excellent interpersonal skills are a requirement
- Valid BC Class 5 driver’s license with a clean Driver’s Abstract
- Must be able to travel and work out of town for short duration assignments, as required
- Read, write, and speak fluent English
- Implement tight and concise schedules that prevent company own forces and project subtrades
- Follow and implement the highest standards of health and safety and employees and subtrades
- Ensure there is consecution of the jobs by coordinating work with the superintendent, foreman, owner, and consultant
- Expedite material delivery, ensure material meets specs, issue purchase orders, coordinate deliveries with Dispatch and suppliers
- Keep records of products ordered and delivered making note of any missed, damaged, or back ordered items
- Identifies causes for revisions to projects and whether such changes are billable to the client
- Assures the project team complies with the contract agreement as well as exercises rigid cost control to implement the approved design within established budget restraints
- Implement health and safety plan including notifying any unsafe or unacceptable behaviour from individuals onsite.